June 11, 2008

Ward Garden

Our ward has done a ward garden for the last 3 years at a member's home. We decided to take the kids to the garden to pull weeds, and to teach them about service. Morgan helped move the piles of pulled weeds to the side out of the way, and the triplets ran around getting dirty. Rachel sat on the side of the garden on a blanket and played with toys (she is such a good baby). We didn't have to chase them much, and they actually did very well for the 1 1/2 hours we were there. I don't know if they learned anything, but atleast the saw Mommy and Daddy working hard to help others.


Helping Daddy pull weeds when we first got there.



Ryan found a birds nest among the weeds in the potatoes, so we moved it to the side. The kids loved to look at it and Gracie thought it was the neatest thing ever. I'm sad to say that the Mommy bird probably didn't return due to the human scent that had to be all over it.


1 comments:

Cassey said...

Hi Emily! This is Cassey Bloomfield. I found your blog from Nikki's. I miss the ward garden! You don't realize what a great thing you have, until you move and don't have it anymore. You're kids are darling! I'm sure you are a busy busy woman.