This weekend we carved the pumpkins that we picked out for family home evening. It was fun to watch the kids be grossed out when we started to take the seeds and pulp out. Joshua wanted to put his back in after Ryan had cleaned it all out. They were all happy with their pumpkins when we were done. Morgan drew the face on her pumpkin and I cut it out for her. She had more fun drawing on it than she did carving it.
The kids waiting for daddy to bring in their pumpkins.
We were trying to get them to take out the innards, but they would have nothing to do with it.
Morgan watching mommy take out the innards.
Morgan and Daddy carving Gracie's pumpkin. Mommy and Jaxen taking out the seeds and pulp from his pumpkin.
Morgan with her pumpkin.
Jaxen (He fell off his chair and hit his head and was not happy to have his picture taken when all he wanted was to cudle with daddy.)
Joshua
Gracie
All the pumpkins together. As you can see we did not carve Rachels. Trying to get four pumpkins carved and gutted was enough. I made the comment to Ryan that these are the times when you need Grandparents nearby who can help carve the pumpkins to make it go by faster. We love you Grandma Jean Ann, Grandpa Chris, Grandma MacPherson, and Grandpa MacPherson. We miss you all!!!!!!!!
October 19, 2008
Pumpkin Carving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun! Your picture of Jaxen being grumpy at the camera is almost identical to a picture I have of Max :) I understand what you mean about help from the grandparents. I wouldn't have made it the through the first 2 years of the twins if I didn't have Bob and Sandy to lighten my load!
How fun. We usually carve our pumpkins closer to Halloween as they rot/decay really fast out here. I let Jeff do the carving. Pumpkin guts kinda grosses me out too.
Cute pumkins! Where do you find all the time? Girlfriend you need to share your secret. I am over a month behind on my blog, and my pumkins are plain. You're my hero!
Post a Comment