April 4, 2010

March Activities

The kids all dressed up for St. Patrick's Day.  Ryan bought them each a green necklace to make sure they were wearing green.  They were very happy to show off their outfits.  Joshua unfortunatly came home sick from school and threw up all over his green outfit, so he is not pictured.  He is actually laying on the floor in pajamas, wrapped in a blanket and feeling miserable.  Poor boy.


Morgan was invited to a birthday party for a girl at school.  The theme was "Hello Kitty."  Morgan was so excited to come home and show off her Hello Kitty face paint and new flip flops.

The end of March, I had a 2 day conference.  Ryan was in charge of the kiddos while I was away.  To keep everyone happy and getting a long, Ryan does best when they are busy busy busy.  He took them to the zoo, to McDonalds, Deanna's playhouse, the park and anywhere else he could think of.  By the time I got home, they were all exhausted, including Ryan. 

Last weekend was a very nice weekend, so being the beach lover that he is, Ryan wanted to go to Oval beach for a family walk.  It was very cold with the wind blowing in off the lake.  The kids loved it.  They ran around gathering shells and rocks and fighting over who got to walk the dogs.  It was a nice cold day.


This week is spring break. It actually started on Friday and since Ryan had it off for Good Friday, we tried to do some fun things.  We attempted the zoo, but it was a little too crowed.  We then tried the park, and it too had a lot of people.  So, we ended up at good old McDonalds and played in the play land.  Since everyone was outside, it was quite deserted.

Ryan has been reading everynight to the kids before we go to bed.  Their current favorite is a book called "Pickle Things."  It is very cute and considering where he works, very appropriate.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ryan is brave and crazy!! But a great Dad :)
The beach pictures are so cool. I love that beach.
A book to read your kids 'Aliens Love Underpants'. You will ALL be laughing! We got it from the scholastic book order from school.

Megan said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting. It's been too long, it's a good thing they're coming to Nauvoo. By the way, I'm new to this whole blog thing, and I love this one. I'm guessing Emily is behind it, I may need some tips. Ours is pretty basic, I'm just trying to figure out the html thing right now....