On Day 7 we had a late start and ran out of time to get our traveling in. We were able to drive by the house I grew up in and then visit my Dad's grave site. We were able to show our kids where he is buried and tell them stories about their Grandpa. They were really good listeners and loved the stories. It's hard to believe that he has been gone for 10 years. So much has happened since his passing. I received my Masters degree and we had our 5 children. I guess he needed to go to the other side of the veil to get our family started. We do miss him and love him though. I just hope he gets to stop and watch over us once in awhile to see how well his grandkids are growing up. We love you Grandpa!!!!
We ended the day with swimming at Uncle Rob's. Ashley and Mekena were also wonderful cousins and were kind enough to babysit so the adults could go out on a date night. It was so nice to enjoy a night out and know the kids were in good hands. We just wish we lived a little closer, so that we could use their talents more often.
1 comments:
I can't believe it's been 10 years! When we lived in Utah and happened to drive by the graveyard we would always say a hello to Uncle Roy!
Post a Comment