On Friday, we all went to see Alcatraz. My mom and I had been there before, but it was Ryan and Chris' first time. They loved the history and stories behind the bars.
Alcatraz Island
This is what you see when you get off the ferry. It is the main square.
The is cell block D for the more hardened criminal.
This is Isolation. I don't think I want to go in there.
This is the veiw of the bay.
This is a regular cell on cell block C. Actually this is one of the cells that 3 prisoners tried to escape from using fake heads. They were never heard from again. Did they escape or did they drown?
Another view of the bay.
This is looking out at where the Guard living quarters used to be. Now they are just piles of rubble.
This is Rachel getting tired of looking at old bricks. Actually she was very good and only fussed when tired, hungry or when we weren't pushing her around.
This is me going down hill with the stroller. It was steep and boy are my shins killing me but it was fun.
August 31, 2008
Alcatraz Island
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alcatraz is one of our favorite places in San Francisco. We've been there a couple of times. I think the last time I've been there was when we took my parents when they were out visiting.
I have never been to Alcatraz but since I am a 'So I Married an Axe Murderer' fan I have ALWAYS wanted to go!!
Post a Comment