That's right, Ryan and I took a vacation without most of the kids (we took Rachel along). Ryan had to go on a business trip to San Fran, so I tagged along and left Morgan with Zach and Lori, and the Triplets with Brittney. It was great having only one child for 4 days. When we got there, my dear husband had invited my Mom and Chris to come along. They were there waiting for us at the baggage claim and it was a nice surprise.
After leaving the airport and checking in, we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge into Sausalito (I think that's how it is spelled). We saw some really cool military bunkers and great views of the bay area.
While Ryan was working, Mom, Chris and I shopped and walked along Fisherman's Warf. There was a lot to see and since it is a tourist trap a lot to buy. I recommend Peir 39 at the Fisherman's Warf, the Sourdough place right there on Peir 39 (I don't remember the name), Bubba Gump Restaurant, and Ghirardelli Square. They were fun to see.
Peir 39 also has just acquired a bunch of seals. They began to arrive in 1999 and have never left. Now they are protected. You can watch them, but your not allowed near them and you aren't supposed to feed them.
This was Rachel during our visit to the seals. She sat, played and napped in her stroller for 3 days. She was such a little trooper. We just plumb wore her out.
Grandma Jean Ann looking out over the seals.
August 31, 2008
San Fransisco Here We Come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pier 39 is also fun to see -- that's where I buy all my SF t-shirts. They are so cheap there! When Jennifer & family were out we went to the Rainforest Cafe. Were you able to go on any of the ferry rides? Last spring I took the ferry ride from vallejo to San Francisco. It was a lot of fun.
I have been to Pier 39 before with Jess, Bob and Sandy. That is where Bob bought Doug's 'Bubba Gump Shrimp' t-shirt. I will never forget the yumminess at Ghiradelli Square!!
Post a Comment