February 6, 2011

Blizzard of 2011


Last week was the most awesome blizzard of 2011.  It was the worst storm here since the 1950's and we were privileged enough to be here for it.  In 2002,  I drove in a horrible blizzard that made a 1 hour trip last 4 hours, and I never thought I would make it home.  This time, I was glad to get to stay home and not have to go anywhere. 

As it turns out, no one could go anywhere.  Even drivers with four wheel drive had to wait for the plow trucks to come and dig us out.  Three or four were stuck in front of our house which kept the kiddos entertained for a couple of hours.  Here are pictures of the kiddos and the snow outside our garage when Ryan went outside to plow the driveway.  The snow drifts were 3 1/2 - 4 feet high.  In the back yard, the kids could step over our fence without having to climb it.  They had a blast playing on the hills and valleys the drifts made.  In the end, we ended up with 19-20 inches of snow and 2 snow days.










1 comments:

Allison said...

The snow was fun! Its going to be flood city when it melts though :( Oh wait that should make me happy... more work for Jesse :)