December 13, 2015

Cards, Dafunny, Christmas Parties, and Cookies

December 7 - December 13th, 2015

 On Tuesday, at the Gym, I found a Christmas card on the windshield of my van.  When I opened it, someone had written their testimony of the Savior, and had given it to me to brighten my day.  I was truly touched. I forget how important it is to share our testimonies, and how uplifting it can be.  I have carried it around to remind me how important Jesus Christ is in our lives.  I know he lives, and loves us.  I am so grateful for loving parents who taught me the gospel, and to love our Savior Jesus Christ.


Otherwise, this week has been busy with getting ready for Christmas and after school activities.   Here is a picture of Dafunny watching out the window for the kiddos to get home.  I don't know how she knows it's time, but she does.



We had two Christmas Parties this week.  The Christmas party for our church was on Thursday night.  They had a variety of desserts and a short nativity show with caroling.  Sorry, no pictures.  As I was about to take some, Gracie spilled milk all over the floor and in our attempts to clean up, pictures were forgotten.

The Christmas Party for the Biggs Family (my side of the family), was on Saturday.  We had a great time visiting with family and playing with cousins.  We also stuffed our faces with good food.

Here are the kiddos with some of there cousins posing with the hats Grandma Jean Ann made them.

Holland, Brinton, Gracie, Joshua, Rachel, Ryder, and Owen

Grandma Jean Ann and Grandpa Chris

Riley, Janelle posing with little Kasen. He is the newest member of the Biggs Family.

Baby Kasen showing off his winter had made by Grandma Jean Ann.

While Christmas shopping on Thursday, I bought some cookie cutters, thinking this would be a fun activity for next week when school is out for Winter Break.  However, the kids had other ideas.  They decided we should break them in today.  So, this afternoon we made Sugar Cookies from Aunt Mariah's recipe.  They turned out great.  Unfortunately, I didn't have enough butter, so they will have to wait until tomorrow to be frosted.

Gracie, Morgan, and Rachel

0 comments: